Alibris Empowers Authors to Promote and Sell More Books
Online marketplace launches Author Stores as direct-sales channels for academic, mainstream, and self-published authors
EMERYVILLE, CA—May 24, 2010—Alibris announced today that its marketplace for new and used books has been enhanced in order to give authors and publishers direct access to millions of book-buying shoppers. Newly launched Author Stores empower self-published and mainstream authors, academics, and other writers—as well as their publishers—to easily promote and sell their books and other publications through the world’s largest online sales network.
Author Stores give publishers of all kinds a new, unparalleled distribution channel. Once signed up to sell through an Author Store, authors and publishers merely need to list their books once and they will be promoted and sold worldwide to eager shoppers through the following sites:
- Alibris marketplaces, such as www.alibris.com, www.alibris.co.uk, and www.library.alibris.com
- Marketplace-services partners, such as Barnes & Noble.com, Borders, Chapters Indigo, eBay, Half.com, Waterstone's, and others
Alibris Author Stores are customizable and enable authors to showcase their books through the following promotional tools:
- Personalized biography and photo for building an author's presence
- Blogging functionality for reader engagement and marketing
- Custom URL for widespread promotion
- Custom merchandising and catalog tools for highlighting latest titles and backlist
- Direct e-mail contact for building reader relationships
These features can be previewed on a sample Alibris Store. Alibris will also provide demonstrations of Alibris Stores at Book Expo America, on May 26 and 27 at the Javits Center (booth #4651) in New York City.
"Authors are central to the Alibris marketplace," said Brian Elliott, Alibris president and CEO. "Our dedicated customers and business partners come to Alibris looking for selection and to discover new books." Elliott explained that it's now better than ever for authors and publishers to sell directly to this engaged customer base. "Over a third of our marketplace sales are new books—most of those solidly in the 'long tail'–and through the new Alibris Stores sales channel and its dynamic features, authors can promote and sell more books."
Alibris is the premier online marketplace for independent sellers of new and used books, music, and movies, as well as rare and out-of-print titles. Read more about us.