Reports To: VP, Engineering
Do you like working on a variety of projects and systems? Have a range of languages under your belt, including Java, Python, and SQL? Familiar with current web front-end technologies and also willing to dig into back-end systems? Eager to learn more both from others and on your own? If so, Alibris is looking for you. We need a Swiss army knife developer who can jump in and help lead development of new projects as well as enhance our existing platform. You'll have a chance to learn a variety of languages, platforms, and databases, work on our full technology stack, and play a key role in our future web platform.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years programming experience in a professional setting
- 2+ years experience with SQL, including MS SQL Server and/or Oracle databases
- Solid knowledge of at least one current web framework like React, Ember, or Angular
- Proven experience leading projects and providing architectural vision
- Efficient coder, able to use a variety of tools and IDEs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plays well with others
- Familiarity working with Linux and Windows servers
BONUS POINTS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Experience coding e-commerce sites, defensive coding, and familiarity with PCI requirements
- Experience creating and maintaining continuous release/integration process and platforms
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Strong OO design skills, system architecture experience
Alibris is a vibrant marketplace operating in the three fastest-growing areas of the worldwide media business: online sales, textbook rentals, and used/out-of-print books, music, and movies. Alibris helps thousands of independent sellers find buyers through marketplace solutions and partnerships with dozens of leading global media retailers, including Barnes & Noble, eBay, and Half Price Books. We have a welcoming culture, competitive compensation, good benefits, and an ongoing commitment to customers and employees. We offer a flexible and low-key environment with a chance to have a voice in the company and grow your skills and experience. Located in Emeryville, California, we are easily accessible by BART, Amtrak, bus, car, or bike. If you would like to come work as a team member whose creativity and insights will make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Please apply through ZipRecruiter.